HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance offers comprehensive insurance coverage. Insurance covers that offer the highest insurance benefits are classified as HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Silver Policy, Gold Policy, Platinum Policy, and Titanium Policy.
Salient features of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
- The insurance plan can be instantly purchased online.
- Liability to third party covers legal liabilities owing to injury or death of a third party person or property damage due to accident of a vehicle.
- Personal accident insurance cover provided for a driver or owner proffers compulsion personal accident insurance cover of Rs. 2 lac inclusive of accidental death and permanent disability and legal liability for paid drivers driving the vehicle.
- Loss/damage caused to a car due to natural calamities, such as earthquake and flood; accident by external means; burglary; housebreaking theft; fire; explosion; lighting; terrorism; riots; and transit by road, rail, and air.
- The insurance coverage of a vehicle depends on its insured declared value; this is the maximum amount payable when claimed for total loss/theft.
- Premium amount is determined considering several factors, such as sum insured, the type and age of vehicle, the place of registration, and fuel type.
- Add on plans that ensure insurance coverage, added security, and minimum expenses.
Add on covers
Add on covers that can be made available as per one’s needs are as follows:
Zero depreciation cover
Down time protection
Engine and gearbox
No claims bonus protection
Consumable expense cover
Exclusions under HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy
- Damage caused by a person without a driving license and/or under the influence of alcohol and drug substances
- Loss/damage outside of India
- Damage to tubes and tires unless the vehicle is damaged simultaneously; in this case, the liability of a company is limited to 50% of the cost of replacement